Call Us(844) 654-7272

Videographer Insurance

Customized Insurance For Your Videographer Business

Simply Business is pleased to provide tailored insurance options from:

Acadia logo.
ABIC logo.
CNA logo.
Harborway logo.
Hiscox logo.
Markel logo.
Travelers logo.

Videographer Insurance That’s Made Just for You

You’re a true artist and expert at capturing the right moments and telling a visual story (sometimes even without words). Whether it’s capturing a wedding, getting the best promotional material for a big advertisement, or assisting a company with general video marketing, you’re the person who people go to for help with making a video.

However, you may not know much about small business insurance policies.

What Insurance Do Videographers Need?

Fortunately, you don’t need to — let Simply Business build an insurance policy that’s personalized just for you.

Get your quote

Need more detail? Read our FAQs:

Coverage Type

Tools icon

Professional Liability Insurance for Videographers

While you’re out filming material for clients, you’re at risk of receiving claims for alleged negligence regarding your professional services. If a client thinks you did not do your best, you may be presented with a claim against you for negligence. Professional liability insurance, also known as error and omission insurance, may cover some of the legal costs for dealing with the claim.

Professional liability insurance usually covers:

  • Negligence or alleged negligence
  • Legal defense costs
  • Claims involving libel and/or slander
  • Copyright infringement
  • And more

Professional liability insurance usually does not cover:

  • Intentional negligence
  • Bodily injury
  • Property damage
  • False advertising
  • Patents and trade secrets
  • And more

Umbrella icon

General Liability Insurance for Videographers

If you are filming material on site at a client’s property, you’re at risk for accidents and damages. Let’s say you are climbing a ladder to scout out the perfect shot and angle for the video you’re shooting, and you fall over, damaging the walls with the ladder. General liability insurance may cover some of the costs incurred from damaging the client’s property.

General liability usually covers:

  • Bodily injury
  • Third-party property damage
  • Personal and advertising injury
  • Medical expenses
  • Defense costs
  • Supplemental payments

General liability insurance usually does not cover:

  • Damage to your own property
  • Professional services
  • Workers compensation or injury to your own employees
  • Known claims or potential claims

Learn more about General Liability Insurance.

Broken leg icon

Workers Compensation Insurance for Videographers

Do you have full-time employees or part-time help? If that’s the case, you may need workers compensation insurance. If someone who works for you gets hurt on the job, this coverage provides help with medical bills, lost wages, and any legal costs relating to the injury.

Most states require any business with employees to have workers compensation insurance, so make sure you add it to your policy!

Learn more about workers compensation insurance.

Receipt icon

How Much Does Videographer Insurance Cost?

Not sure how much you might pay for coverage for being a videographer? While there’s no one answer for how much your policy will cost, your final premium will usually be determined by:

  • The number of employees you have (including part-time and consultants)
  • Your location
  • Payroll
  • Revenue
  • And more

Want to find out how much your insurance policy might cost? Just click here to answer a few questions about your business.

© Copyright 2020 Simply Business. All Rights Reserved. Simply Business, Inc. is a licensed insurance producer in all U.S. States and the District of Columbia. Please be advised that insurance coverage cannot be added, deleted or otherwise changed until it is confirmed in writing by Simply Business or your insurance carrier. Simply Business has its registered office at Simply Business, 1 Beacon Street, 15th Floor, Boston, MA, 02108. In the state of California, we operate under the name Simply Business Insurance Agency, Inc., License #0M20593. In the state of New York we operate under the name Simply Business Insurance Agency. In the state of Texas we operate under the name, U.S. Simply Business, Inc. For more information, please refer to our Privacy Policy and Terms & Conditions.