Call Us(844) 654-7272

Interior Design Insurance

Personalized Coverage for Your Interior Design Business

Simply Business is pleased to provide tailored insurance options from:

Acadia logo.
ABIC logo.
CNA logo.
Harborway logo.
Hiscox logo.
Markel logo.
Travelers logo.

Interior Design Insurance That’s Made Just For You

You really know spaces - what fits, what doesn’t, what paint colors make a room bigger, and what shades offer a comfy atmosphere. You’re the go-to for decor advice, and the emergency phone call when a client can’t pick between the right settee for their new business lounge.

But one thing you probably aren’t an expert on is insurance.

What Insurance Do Interior Designers Need?

Let Simply Business build an interior design insurance policy that’s personalized just for you.

Get your quote

Need more detail? Read our FAQs:

Coverage Type

Tools icon

Professional Liability Insurance for Interior Designers

Professional Liability insurance - which is also referred to as errors and omissions insurance (E&O insurance) - is a type of policy that provides coverage in the event a customer alleges negligence from your professional services. If your customer decides to sue your business for mistakes related to your services, your professional liability insurance policy may cover damages and legal costs that you might be ordered to pay due to negligence.

As you are leading someone’s interior design process, you may be at risk for any claims related to a potential error or omission, which is why professional liability insurance is so important for you!

Umbrella icon

General Liability Insurance for Interior Designers

General Liability insurance - also known as commercial general liability (CGL) - protects your business from third-party claims of bodily injury or damage to someone else’s property.

For example, you try to move around a dining table in a clients’ kitchen. The floors scratch and the table crashes into the wall. Your general liability may cover the cost to fix the damaged property.

Learn more about General Liability Insurance.

Broken leg icon

Workers Compensation Insurance for Interior Designers

Do you have full-time employees, part-time help, or even subcontractors? If that’s the case, you’ll definitely need workers compensation insurance. If someone who works for you gets hurt on the job, this coverage provides help with medical bills, lost wages, and any legal costs that relate to the injury.

Most states require any business with employees to have workers compensation insurance, so make sure you add it to your policy!

Learn more about workers compensation insurance.

Receipt icon

How Much Does Insurance for Interior Designers Cost?

Not sure how much you might pay for coverage for your interior design business? While there’s no one answer for how much your policy will cost, your final premium will usually be determined by:

  • The number of employees you have (including part-time and consultants)
  • Your location
  • The type of design services you offer
  • Payroll
  • Revenue
  • And more

Want to find out how much your insurance policy might cost? Just click here to answer a couple of questions about your business.

© Copyright 2020 Simply Business. All Rights Reserved. Simply Business, Inc. is a licensed insurance producer in all U.S. States and the District of Columbia. Simply Business has its registered office at Simply Business, 1 Beacon Street, 15th Floor, Boston, MA, 02108. In the state of California, we operate under the name Simply Business Insurance Agency, Inc., License #0M20593. In the state of New York we operate under the name Simply Business Insurance Agency. In the state of Texas we operate under the name, U.S. Simply Business, Inc. For more information, please refer to our Privacy Policy and Terms & Conditions.