Call Us(844) 654-7272

Insurance Agents Insurance

Even Insurance Agents Can Use Help With Business Insurance

Simply Business is pleased to provide tailored insurance options from:

Acadia logo.
ABIC logo.
CNA logo.
Harborway logo.
Hiscox logo.
Markel logo.
Travelers logo.

Insurance Agents Insurance That’s Made Just For You

Part of being an insurance professional means you may be exposing your business to risks associated with errors and negligence. For example, if a customer claims you failed to inform them of an exposure and they suffered financial harm, you may be forced to pay out of pocket for legal fees and related damages.

Don’t leave yourself vulnerable to claims and lawsuits. Let Simply Business build an insurance policy that’s personalized just for you.

What Insurance Do Insurance Agents Need?

Since you spend most of your time giving customers advice about insurance policies, you’ll probably need a range of business insurance coverages in case of claims involving errors and/or negligence.

Let Simply Business build an insurance agents insurance policy that’s personalized just for you.

Get your quote

Need more detail? Read our FAQs:

Coverage Type

Tools icon

Professional Liability Insurance for Insurance Agents

Professional liability insurance - which is also called errors and omissions insurance - is a type of policy that provides coverage in the event a customer alleges negligence from your professional services. If your customer decides to sue your business, your professional liability insurance policy may cover damages and legal costs that you might be ordered to pay due to negligence.

Professional liability insurance usually covers:

  • Negligence or alleged negligence
  • Legal defense costs
  • Claims involving libel and/or slander
  • Copyright infringement
  • And more

Think of professional liability insurance as the foundation for your small business. Without it, you’d be personally responsible for paying out any financial damages that a customer experienced as a result of your services.

Umbrella icon

General Liability Insurance for Insurance Agents

General liability insurance (or commercial general liability insurance) protects your business from third-party claims of bodily injury or damage to someone else’s property. For example, if a customer gets hurt while visiting you at your office, your policy may cover the cost of these damages.

To recap, general liability usually covers unintentional accidents, property damage, and reputational damage.

General liability insurance usually does not cover:

  • Damage to your own property
  • Professional services
  • Workers compensation or injury to own employees
  • Known claims or potential claims

Learn more about General Liability Insurance.

Broken leg icon

Workers Compensation Insurance for Insurance Professionals

Do you have full-time employees, part-time help, or even subcontractors? If that’s the case, you may need workers compensation insurance. If someone who works for you gets hurt on the job, this coverage provides help with medical bills, lost wages, and any legal costs that relate to the injury.

Most states require any business with employees to have workers compensation insurance, so make sure you add it to your policy!

Learn more about workers compensation insurance.

Receipt icon

How Much Does Insurance for Insurance Agents Cost?

Not sure how much you might pay for coverage for your insurance business? While there’s no one answer for how much your policy will cost, your final premium will usually be determined by:

  • The number of employees you have (including part-time and consultants)
  • Your location
  • The type of insurance services you offer
  • Payroll
  • Revenue
  • And more

Want to find out how much your accounting business insurance might cost? Just click here to answer a couple of questions about your business.

© Copyright 2020 Simply Business. All Rights Reserved. Simply Business, Inc. is a licensed insurance producer in all U.S. States and the District of Columbia. Please be advised that insurance coverage cannot be added, deleted or otherwise changed until it is confirmed in writing by Simply Business or your insurance carrier. Simply Business has its registered office at Simply Business, 1 Beacon Street, 15th Floor, Boston, MA, 02108. In the state of California, we operate under the name Simply Business Insurance Agency, Inc., License #0M20593. In the state of New York we operate under the name Simply Business Insurance Agency. In the state of Texas we operate under the name, U.S. Simply Business, Inc. For more information, please refer to our Privacy Policy and Terms & Conditions.